Resources found:

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Unconfirmed Class 1 Whittier California

I faced a new challenge this week as I was presented with an outbreak to which I could find no further information.

On February 22, 2011 a name hit the forums of zombie enthusists looking for help. He believed he had encountered the walking dead or something like it. As one can tell this may not be the most reliable source, in fact it is a completely unreliable source. But not a lot of people will search out zombie experts claiming to have been part of an outbreak. Trust me, it's just not that common. So I decided to investigate further.

I breifly interviewed the man and his story is that he saw a man hunched over and breathing loudly and visibly as if he had just been running. He called out if the man needed help and the creature turned to face him. It had a bite wound on its arm which was red, swollen and besides bleeding was excreating some sort of green puss. He said the creatures face was contorted into a beastal anger and his nose was also bleeding and oozing green puss. The creature was grunting the witness said. He began to run and was followed by the creature who was discribed as trying to run but just hobbling. However when he lookd back to see how close it was, it was gone.

I looked into this as much as I could. Watching multiple news feeds from Whittier and LA nothing was mentioned. I scoured pictures looking for a corpse or assalant matching the creature's discription. White male in his 20's, black vest, blue jeans, white runners, clean hair cut. Nothing.

What I did find is a number of suicide cases in the last two weeks. I was able to find the details on three, including one double homocide, suicide but from what I was reading it sounded like there had been others. Not very special, especially considering it is suicide prefention week and the amount of people who live in LA. But what struck me as odd is all three suicides I was able to find details on had been done with firearms. Again not very odd considering firearms are quite common in the states and a fairly common choice when a person wants to leave this world. But also the most common choice when dealing with the undead. And an issue some zombie hunters have faced before the fall, is that local law enforcement does not accept zombies as real and as such treats a zombie death as a homocide.

The details breakdown-
Location: Los Angelus, United States of America
Time: 6:00PM, February 22, 2011
Infected: 1 (suspected)
Response: None
Media Coverage: None

My suggesion: I found no further evidence of this outbreak but some possible links. If you live in or around Whittier watch out for similar situations and if you encounter such a creature run, run as far and as fast as you can.

Stay vigilent, may the infection never reach you, and those close to you have the resolve to do what is needed should you be so unfortunate, Mike D.

No comments:

Post a Comment