Resources found:

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Class 1: Edmonton, CA

My interest in zombies first started when my cousin showed me one of my favorite zombie films, Undead. The next day I began reading and watching, everything I could get my hands on that had anything to do with the undead; which led to a lot of information, not just about zombies. Many works of fiction about vampires and other undead fell into my lap as I searched.

I hadn’t begun documenting my findings yet but I found a lot and I have been blessed with a great memory which kept track of vital information, unfortunately details like dates and names often illude me.
I read doctor’s reports on voodoo zombies and the drugs and physcology used to create these mindless slaves. I watched everything from White Zombie to 28 Days Later. I was enthralled.

Suddenly about four years ago my world was changed when I experienced my first outbreak report. I was in the process of reading the Zombie Survival Guide when I saw it on the news.
Man shot dead by police after killing his wife and attacking his children and police officers. The man was unarmed and had no history of violence. He just “went mad, like an animal.” One police officer was bitten by the man during the incident.

I phoned around and one of my contacts in the police informed me that the police officer bitten had died of mysterious causes, it was strange to get that information from him instead of on the news as most law enforcement related deaths are. This was my first encounter with news being withheld and I realized just how much might not be being told to the public.

The response was fairly standard for domestic violence, local law enforcement. Media footage was normal as well as the details were not hidden to any noticable extent unless further looked into. The more personal details like the deaths of the police officer or the cause of death of any of the people involved are missing.

The details breakdown-
Location: Edmonton, Canada
Time: January, 2007
Infected: 3 (estimate)
Response: Police
Media Coverage: Some footage and details.

My suggestion: Never doubt, always question, keep your eyes open.

Stay vigilant, may the infection never reach you, and those close to you have the resolve to do what is needed should you be so unfortunate,
Mike D.

No comments:

Post a Comment